Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Who's Number One? It All Depends How You Define It!

So I just found out something hella awesome.

Go to Google. While you're there type "VS System Blog" into the search field and hit, "I'm Feeling Lucky." We'll wait here.

Okay... Did you do it? Muahaha, yeah, that's right! Takes you right back here where you started! We're number one! We're number one!

I have to say that's one hell of a nice surprise. A bad surprise though is that I can no longer make the Golden Age BYOS tournament at Grapevine Comics and Cards. Buses stop running from BART towards my house at 6:30 and no one will be home to pick me up from the station. And a 10 mile walk is one thing I _won't_ do for VS. To be fair, there's very little in this world I would walk 10 miles for. Like money or my life or something.

I was really looking forward to it. Was gonna play Common Enemy! COMMON ENEMY! C'mon, man! How often do you really get to bust out EA Reign of Terror?! I love that deck so much. One of the few decks that isn't "budget" that I was able to put together. Well, all most. I still only have 3x Signal Flare, 3x Boris: PSODD and, this is actually pretty funny, 3x Common Enemy. Also I lent my 1x Flame Trap to somebody and never got it back, but it was okay cause they did a lot for me. Anyway, here's what I woulda played.

OGMoney.dec

4x Boris, Personal Servant of Dr. Doom
3x Robot Sentry, Army
3x She-Thing, Sharon Ventura
4x Medusa, Inhuman
2x She-Hulk, Jennifer Walters
4x Dr. Doom, Diabolic Genius
1x Ghost Rider, New Fantastic Four
1x Robot Destroyer, Army
1x Thing, Heavy Hitter
1x Dr. Doom, Victor Von Doom
1x Hulk, New Fantastic Four
1x Sub-Mariner, Ally of Doom
1x Thing, The Ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing
1x Dr. Doom, Lord of Latveria

3x Doomstadt

4x Common Enemy
2x Faces of Doom
4x It's Clobberin' Time
4x Signal Flare
1x Flame Trap
4x Mystical Paralysis
1x Press The Attack
4x Reign of Terror
4x Savage Beatdown

I hadn't made a final decision on the 2-3 tech slots I had left but I was thinking maybe 1x Apocalypse, En Sabah Nur and 2x Political Pressure. Or 2x Press The Attack, since you have such big characters and Doom with Mystical. I'm really sad I won't get to play it, cause I have some great memories of this deck. I know JVirtue does too. ;) I nearly won the very first PCQ I ever went too with a very similar list. I had 1x Wolverine: NFF, Acrobatic Dodges instead of Beatdowns, an even count of Purple Man/She-Hulk and Silver Surfer: Norrin Radd. Oh well, sometimes things just don't go your way.

Maybe next time.

-Mike

0 comments: