Saturday, July 19, 2008

"You wanna know how I got these scars...?"

No Spoilers, short review of the Dark Knight, various thoughts, updates.

AHHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA
AHhaHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEBWWWAAAHHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHhhhhAAAAaaahahaahahahahahahahaahhhAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA
AHhaHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEBWWWAAAHHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHhhhhAAAAaaahahaahahahahahahahaahhhAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
AAHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHehehehehhHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEEEHHHEHEHEHEBWWWAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

/takes a deep breath.

I needed that. The Dark Knight was exactly what I needed, exactly what I wanted, everything I expected and more. Heath Ledger's performance was haunting, transcendent and I'd just like to say that the idea of a posthumous Oscar has true merit. If there is justice he will at least get the nomination. Will it be because he died? Probably. But never once did I stop to think, "Wow, it's creepy watching this knowing that he's dead." or "What a legacy." or anything of the sort in fact. I was so enraptured by The Joker that I forgot about actors and real life for two and half hours. And if Daniel Day-Lewis can get an Oscar for "just acting" regardless of the movie as some people claim (I haven't seen it yet, I want to, but I have a billion movies, comics, books and the like to catch up on) then why not Ledger? Whom Mr. Day-Lewis dedicated his Screen Actor's Guild award too, calling him "unique, perfect."

But it WASN'T "just acting" because the meat of this film is The Joker. They gave him so much to work with. He revels in it. He takes it and runs. It's... It's Oscar worthy, genre picture stigma be damned.

Look at the rest of the cast! Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart... Wow, look at that cast folks. That's serious weighty actor folk there. They all deliver intense, amazing performances.

And if they hadn't set up the continuation of the franchise so well I'd wonder how the hell they move on from here. I think this is the 21rst century answer to James Bond. Batman can be forever. Just don't remind us of Batman Forever, okay guys?

Speaking of Bond, I'm really looking forward to the next one. I always like the idea of Bond more than the actual movies, but the new Bond series is exactly what he should be. No nonsense, tough as nails, witty super spy who bangs molten hot tail and then leaves without saying goodbye and never calls again, but cares.

Since there isn't any Bond VS I'll leave that there and move on.

UDE recently updated the points store and I was one of the lucky people to slip in early and grab my playset of Clash of Worlds. I told you all I was getting ready! I wasn't kidding, I popped my codes ASAP from my two MUN boxes and I grabbed 4x Clash as soon as they updated. I'm on Realms everyday and I was checking UDE.com/points every other day. Realms to the rescue as they were put up on my off day. Special thanks to KardKrazy who put the thread up. You can still grab Roshambo, Origin Story, Royal Flush Gang, Agility, 52, I think Superman/Batman Robot and some other nice cards though. I think I wanna play around with a Joker-Clash deck in honor of TDK. We'll see.

ALSO! Big news, Marvel Universe is getting a reprint! UDE listens and apparently enough of you played re-orders with stores. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THROUGH! It's decidedly important that MUN does not end up festering on shelves, because seriously folks this is a HUGE step. UDE is taking a massive risk to the bottom line and this is sink or swim. We NEED a reprint, but at the same time we need to BUY that reprint, you know? I'm honestly not sure what to do. I have about a hundred bucks left from selling my guitar right now. I may pick up another box of MUN instead of saving it towards Evolutions. I just don't know what to do though.

Any thoughts?

Who's buying more MUN?

Anyway, that's it, sorry for updating so sparsely. I've taken up WoW. Not the card game, the MMO. I'm not sure which is worse. Hehe.

-Mike

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

MUST.....MAKE....BOND....CARDS....

Ranmasolo wins the Universe! I am so inspired right now!